Monday 6 October 2014

Who Am I ?

Who am I? I am a 20 year old girl from Oxfordshire. When it came to that time in school, the time you ask yourself 'Who do I want to be?' I found myself constantly searching for a 'backup' career. I left school and started sixth form studying health and social care and Art. After a month of a level art I eventually quit as the course structure was too constricted, I found we were drawing the same skull on a daily basis!! So when i finished sixth form I went to do hairdressing. The reason I did hairdressing was yet ANOTHER fall back plan. When did i decide i wanted to study make-up?
 I remember it like it was yesterday. I was at work (the job i had been stuck in for 4 years !) and my colleague asked me 'Kyomi, What do you actually want to do in life?' I was taken aback as I never actually asked myself that question. What did i want to do?! I wanted to do something I loved! And what do I love? I love make-up! I spend most of my time watching beauty guru's and learning new make-up techniques! why not study something you love! That's when I turned to Further (further) education I went to see my career officer who showed me the courses available and told me what qualifications I needed to gain in order to study said course. 1 year of Art and design and here I am!
Excited and keen to absorb everything southampton solent has to offer !

No comments:

Post a Comment