Saturday 11 October 2014

First initial ideas

When we were given this project the first person I thought of was queen Elizabeth.
I created a mind map of some of her traits to see if I could get any ideas from it.
























Mindmeister was used to create this brainstorm 


When I Thought of powerful I instantly thought of the modern business woman and began to research those looks

Business Attire Advice for Professional Womencat eye sunglasses, business woman, fashion girl, streetstyle blogger, 2013 streetstyle, sazan barzani, line dot, black blazer, harem pants,...
Images From Pinterest 

I began to think of ways to connect this to my Elizabethan project I began to think about putting the model in a suit with a ruffle collar then combining Elizabethan and business woman make up and hair to complete the look.

This is the first Idea that popped into my head when i thought of the two combined.

















Before putting any detail into that idea i decided that i should come up with a few ideas.
the next thing i thought of was an african princess crossed with a tudor queen.

In Djibouti, a veil of gold cannot hide the beauty of an Afar sultan’s daughter. Even among families of modest means, traditional African marriages can be elaborate celebrations that last for days.


i really want to go to africa, i love their jewlery and how many bright colours there are, plus this girl is stunning. <3



Beautiful African Princess
"African Queen" by Jason Adamson









































with this idea I imagined the hair to be kinky and sectioned into three quiffs which tie in with elizabethans and africans as both have kinky hair and both have there hair up beautifully.
I planned for the face to be white and to have pale blue dots in a pattern to show the African side and the blue to act as 'veins' which was popular in the 1600's. I thought I could keep the lips red in tradition to elizabethans and a pillar box hat which is popular between both cultures.

My next step would be to draw up face charts for both so i can compare and go with the idea which i like the most.







No comments:

Post a Comment