Wednesday 29 October 2014

Kevin aucoin

Born in Shreveport , Louisiana in 1962 then adopted and raised in Lafayette , Louisiana, aucoin was always interested in the way people looked. At age 11 he photographed his sister Carla realising that make up was crucial to produce the photos that he wanted! In 1983 aucoin travelled from his home town (portfolio in hand) to New York with no previous work experience. With a chance meeting at vogue aucoin' career soared and months later worked for Steven miesel in set of fashion shoots and couture shows. By 1990 aucoin had become a legend, sculpting the faces of various cover models on magazines including Cher and Janet Jackson! Unfortunately he met his untimely death in 2002 age 40 but his legend still lives on through his best selling books and his beauty brand.

Kevyn truely inspires me! To see some one with no work experience at all become a make up legend! Gives me the confidence to excel with my career. 

' that's why I began doing make up in the first place: I was hoping that through helping people see the beauty in themselves, I could try and find it in me' -Kevyn Aucoin





information and image sources- http://www.theguardian.com/news/2002/may/11/guardianobituaries.veronicahorwell
http://kevynaucoin.com/the-brand


No comments:

Post a Comment